Saturday, June 7, 2008

Update over past several days

Hello! I have been so busy the last few days that I have not had the opportunity to update you guys. Well I had to go back to work Thursday after a few days off to spring clean and get some r and r with the family. Hubby remains off until Monday.
After finishing up on the spring cleaning, I did some bread baking (still not satisfied with results...ughhh). Hubby is getting really anxious for some good ole sandwich bread. If anyone has a recipe for some good white sandwich bread that would rival store bought (which he prefers) please let me know. I have thrown out more loaves of home made but not so yummy tasting bread that it is not becoming frugal for me!
I made some homemade laundry detergent and I am very satisfied with the results. I used the recipe from thefamilyhomestead.com but didn't want to do liquid so I left it in powder form. Also no where around here has Washing Soda so I used Baking Soda (I know this is not supposed to work but it did okay....I just used a little less than her recipe called for and added a little more Borax). I am going to keep looking for the washing soda though!
The girls have enjoyed this past week with mom and dad at home. We started their summer homeschool program and they are pleased with it so far. The oldest is not liking Where The Red Fern Grows quite yet but I keep telling her that she will. She knows that she has a book report and a book collage due soon so she better get to reading! :-)
It is Saturday today and Hubby and I tried to have a yard sale today. Didn't have much luck. We only made a hundred dollars but that is a hundred that we didn't have before. We are in desperate need of some money. We had to have rock delivered this week for the driveway and the oldest had to get a retainer. So we are flat broke and the house payment is due in a few days. But the Lord will provide. He always does!
We packed in what seemed to be as much stuff as we packed out. I wish it had gone better but we live kind of off the beaten path a little and at the end of a dead end street so very few people come back our neighborhood. And since it was kind of a last minute thing we didn't advertise in the paper. So we just take what we get and go on. Better luck on the next one I hope.
Well gotta go. I need to research wood furnaces and see if it is a good alternative for us from the propane furnace!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi there, thanks for joining the June challenge! It is nice to have you:-) Please if you would like take the pic from my sidebar and put it on your blog if you like. Look forward to your entries.
~Suzanne

VictoriousMommy said...

Hey Suzanne. I just found your comment. I am such a new blogger! I have not quite figured out how to copy pix and stuff. But I will keep trying. I am going to move my update challenge for this Monday to tomorrow. I am still recooping from the busy Father's day weekend.