Thursday, June 26, 2008

one of my poems

This poem was written by me shortly after I lost my five year old daughter to cancer in 2001. I missed her so much, I still do....

"I am drawn quietly to her grave to check on her.
Just as I was drawn quietly to her room when she slept.
I trim the grass around her marker,
and I dream of trimming the bangs from her forehead.
I place flowers in her vase,
and dream of placing bows in her hair.
I hold her memory dear to my heart,
as I dream of holding her in my arms."

2 comments:

Cathy Santarsiero, "The Christmas Corgi" said...

Your poem is so lovely. I can't even imagine how much you miss your beautiful girl. I'm sure she is watching over you from heaven until you see her again. I admire your faith and courage to press on and make a loving home for your girls. That in itself is such a loving tribute to Victoria. You are teaching her sisters how to cope through faith and hope in spite of a broken heart. What a gift you are giving to them by doing this...awesome Mommy. Have a great week. Cat ^..^

VictoriousMommy said...

Thank you Cathy.God bless you!