Monday, June 9, 2008

Finding Time to do it all

It is Monday and I have now been awake and active for a straight 15 hours and still going. It is like this everyday.There is never enough time in a day. How do other people do it? We ask ourselves this all the time. We place ourselves on guilt trips that are hurtful and unecessary.
We all have 24 golden boxcars each and every day. What we put in those golden boxcars will either make our train go faster and reach its goal on time, or make us derail, or make us miss our goal entirely. Rich people do not have 25 and poor people do not have 23. Everyone has 24.
I make it a point to give as much of my time as I can to making a home for my family and helping our money go further. I am unable to stay at home and be a full time homemaker so automatically 9.5 hours of my days Mon thru Fri are gone. That is a startling revelation for those who much work outside the home but still strive to do all the things that our SAHM friends do.
We must make priorities and realize that we can't do everything every day. Time wiht my family is #1. So my kids hang out with me while I bake bread, make dinner, wash clothes, etc. They watch movies while I work on the computer. They do their homework and reading while I wash dishes. We make it work by working it together.
I do not waste time talking on the telephone. I do not waste time by watching television shows. I do not waste my time by laying on the couch doing nothing. My hands are always busy.
Does that mean I never take rest time? No absolutely not, I do take time to rest. Several days a week I will curl up with the girls and watch an old movie that I know will not only bless me but my children as well by showing them good old fashioned values. I blog now and that is like a journal to me. It helps to put my thoughts down and keep me grounded.
So in closing, don't feel guilty because you are not doing it all. Just figure your priorities and work it!

No comments: