Monday, June 9, 2008

Suzanne's from Blueberry Cottage Challenge

Well my digital camera is low on batts so it will have to wait for the pix but here is my Monday challenge update from the Mattingly house!
Years ago my dad brought me back a lovely, large, round embroidered doily from Croatia. When I say large it is about 3 feet diameter. Now it is white with beautiful red roses. Needless to say I have never used it for fear it would get dirty. Well I decided to change that.
We are short on money, as always LOL. So I went to the dollar store and bought a cheap clear show curtain. I cut it to fit my table and put the doiley underneath it in the center of the table. It turned out quite charming.
And now our lovely doily from Croatia is not hiding from view but it is out for all to enjoy.

No comments: