Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tuesday Happenings

Today was a rough day at work...ugh! If only I could be an SAHM. Oh how my heart longs to be a housewife and mother full time. But I am thankful to God for a good job that is close to home. I work for a great company so I am not complaining about the job....just the fact that I have to be away from home at all.

I woke up this morning at 6:30. It was the usual get myself ready and then the girls ready. The girls had scrambled eggs and homemade biscuits this morning.

I had to go to an OES meeting last night so I nabbed some leftovers for me and hubby to have for lunch today. Yummy-- and I didn't have to cook them (or pay for them). It doesn't get any beter than that!

On the way home from work I had to stop at the Family Dollar for a gallon of milk. This killed my soul since I had to pay 4.35 for a gallon! Ughhh but in our town this is all we have and it would have cost too much money to head to the grocery in the next town up. So I paid it. I also found some clothes on clearance for the girls so it wasn't a waste. I did save some money.

I got home at about 5:30 and hubby was waiting in the driveway to go to his mowing job. So it is just me and the girls. We still have leftover stroganoff so we just warmed up leftovers for supper. However hubby has requested a fried bologna, egg and cheese sandwich when he gets home. That's okay he will just have the stroganoff for lunch tomorrow. :-)

Tomorrow we will have dinner at church so I don't have to worry about cooking. I am just going to fix a simple dessert to take.

We have a pageant in a town that is about an hour and a half away on Thurs, Fri and Sat this weekend so I have to get some lunchmeat, chips and donuts and drinks to put in a cooler so we can just eat out of our hotel rooms. The oldest got sponsors to help with the cost of the hotel room and pageant fees. (a note on the pageant we are not pageant people-- but this is not a beauty pageant)

But anyway we are not going to be able to afford to eat out so here is my way to save money while we are away from home this weekend.
Thursday -- breakfast and lunch at home...we will head out in the afternoon. Dinner will be sandwiches, cokes and chips from the cooler in the room.
Friday -- donuts and milk for breakfast in room....sandwiches, chips and snack cake for lunch in room...dinner we will splurge for the kids and order pizza
Saturday -- donuts and milk for breakfast in room.....sandwich, chips and snack for lunch in room....we will be heading home so we will have dinner at home.
So the only cost for food to eat out will be Friday and we will just order a large one topping pizza so that won't be too bad at all.

We are not planning on leaving the hotel as they have a pool there so we will not have any entertainment expenses either.

So anyway back to today. I washed a sink of dishes and I am getting ready to make some no bake cookies (we are selling them tomorrow to help cover expenses for the hotel this weekend) I have to make 75 to sale and some for home, and some to take to the sitter. So I am going to be up to my elbows in no bakes. While I am doing this I also have to do about 4 loads of laundry (where it all comes from I will never know). Oh and that reminds me that I have to make a small batch of laundry detergent just to hold me over until my washing soda that I ordered comes in and then I will make a big batch.

I have already swept the floors but I need to straighten the family room. Then I have to get the kids baths and get them ready for bed. Whew....I wish I had more hours in the day!

Well see you guys tomorrow!

No comments: