Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tired and True

As I write the blog for tonight I can't help but think of myself as "tired and true". I am unusually tired tonight. I don't know if it is because I had a very busy day at work or if the stress of all of the problems at home are taking a toll on me.
But I am also true. I am true to my work by going every day at 9 AM and completing my work to the best of my ability. I am true to my home by trying to keep it clean and presentable. I am true to my children by giving them attention each day and teaching them. I am true to my church by teaching SS and VBS. I am true to my husband by trying to stretch each and every dollar that we bring into our home and by providing good and nutritious foods for him and our children. However I cannot do any of this without the strength and love of my Jesus. He gives me the manna I need each and every day. Lord knows that I can do nothing without Him. I love Him so and I thank him for each and every blessing He has given me.
So even though I am tired....very tired. I am true.

Today I awoke at about 6 AM. I spent a few minutes with hubby before he left for work. Then I cooked the coffee cake that the oldest and I prepared last night. It was yummy but I think I need to not cook it as long next time. I believe I will take some of the leftovers to work tomorrow to share with hubby's co-workers and my own as well.
Then it was shower time for me. Today I wore a black and red plaid skirt with a black shirt. I also wore a black head wrap. I arrived at work about 8:45 AM. It waws busy all day as I am trying to catch up on some projects, and starting others new ones.
Hubby and I had the chicken salad on homemade bread and some doritos for lunch. On my lunch break I balanced my checkbook....ughh I honestly don't know where the money will come from this month. But God knows it will come.
I came home about 5:30. A friend of ours and his young daughter came over to visit and her and our oldest swam (youngest is still taking her many vacation with her Nana). I brushed the dog and went in to fix supper. Tonight, true to my menu, we had leftover roast beef that I cut into small pieces and cooked up in some brown gravy. I then served that over noodles. I made some ranch dressing and we had a small salad on the side. I whipped up some honey butter and we enjoyed a slice of home made bread as well. It was quite tasty. I can always tell the "yummy factor" of a meal by wether or not hubby goes for seconds...he did tonight and so did the oldest! So I gues sit was pretty tasty.
I then did two loads of laundry. Since our dryer plug and 220 plug box are having serious electrical problems, hubby and I hung a second clothes line up since one just wasn't enough. The home made laundry detergent is still working well. The clothes are smelling very clean and it seems that they are coming out nice and bright. I am still looking for the washing soda though.
I had all intentions of doing more housework tonight but I was just pooped out.
I will try my best to get more work done in the next couple of days. But with church tomorrow night I am not sure how much I will accomplish.
Please pray for my familiy financially this week. We have several great needs that must be met. God is speaking to me also and I ask for you to join with me in prayer that I will be able to discern His will in my life.

No comments: