Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Midweek Madness

Well we just completed another Wednesday in the Mattingly home. The best laid plans ....well you know the rest. Things did not go quite as planned. I had every intention by now to have the bathrooms cleaned, the carpets vacuumed, and to have gone through the two boxes of accumulated "stuff" in our bedroom. Well things just haven't worked out as planned. :-)
Today I woke up a little late at 6:30 and didn't actually get up and moving until about 6:45. After I got up and moving, I took my shower and got ready for work. The menu for breakfast this morning was scrambled eggs and toast. I ate a slice of leftover coffee cake again but the oldest thoroughly enjoyed her toast with jam and butter and a scrambled egg.
We took the day off from homeschooling today as the oldest was heading to a friends house for swimming most of the day.
Hubby had to mow two yard today so we didn't get to see him until late. When I got off at 5 I picked up the oldest from the sitter and we rode to the funeral home to visit a friend whose mother passed away. We came home and for the life of me I just couldn't bring myself to eat the planned leftover roast sandwiches. Hubby and I are both about "roasted" out so we decided to switch tomorrow's dinner with todays (see gang....just because you plan your menu, doesn't mean that you can't switch things up a bit). So as soon as the oldest and I got home we fired up the grill and fixed hamburgers and hotdogs. A great seasoning for hamburgers is Canadian Steak Seasoning. I got the idea from our Nana. It is quite tasty and I recommend it for many different meats. We get a large container of it from Sams pretty inexpensively.
We put some french fries in the fry daddy (the fries came from angelfood, of course). We had a nice dinner of hamburgers with potato buns that I got on sale for .90 a package from Meijers and hot dogs. We have plenty leftover for lunch tomorrow so I am changing the lunch menu tomorrow from PB and J to leftover hamburgers. Yum Yum.
We placed our angel food order for the month today at church. We ordered four of the regular monthly boxes. They had some great meat box specials this month too but it is not a good week financially for us. Hubby was laid off last week and with the extra expenses we have had these past couple of weeks,we have no extra money whatever. But the four regular boxes will get us through the next month. I will work on getting a post up showing the angel food menu for the month and how I will make up my menu plans.
The angel food will not come in until the last Saturday of this month so I still have to be creative with what I have in the freezer at home for the next couple of weeks. Next week's menu is as follows...
Monday - Breakfast - baked oatmeal and toast, Lunch - PB and J sandwiches, Dinner -Fish Nuggets and Fries
Tuesday - Breakfast - scrambled egg and toast, Lunch - leftover fish nuggets, Dinner -pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes and green beans
Wednesday - Breakfast - sugar coated muffins, Lunch - leftover pork tenderloin, Dinner -chicken strips and fries
Thursday - Breakfast - boiled egg and muffin, Lunch - leftover chicken strips, Dinner -Salisbury Steak, buttered noodles and green beans
Friday - Breakfast - toast and jam, Lunch - leftover salisbury steak, Dinner -turkey and gravy with mashed potatoes
Saturday - Breakfast - bacon, eggs and biscuits, Lunch/Dinner -pork tenderloin with mixed vegetables
Sunday - Breakfast - leftover biscuits and sausage gravy, Lunch/Dinner -bbq chicken, cheesy potatoes, mixed veggies
This puts me only needing to get some eggs, milk, ketchup and instant potatoes at the store for next week. I should be able to get that for about $15.
Church was good tonight. Pastor talked about fasting. It was good to be reminded.
When oldest and I got home at about 9, hubby had finally gotten home. He and oldest spent some time playing ball inthe kitchen. UGHH....I was a nervous wreck that the ball was going to land in the middle of the table or in the sink of dishes. But they were having a ball.
Today I wore a brown skirt with a peach colored top. I had a white wrap in my hair today. People are starting to make comments about the wraps....Lord give me strength. God has called me to dress modestly and to be set apart for His glory. I am trying....I really am. :=)
So here it is after 11 and as I am writing this blog I am watching an old Carey Grant movie.
As I say around here from time to time "well kids let's head to bead, I am tired of this day and I am ready for a new one!" ;-)

No comments: