Thursday, June 19, 2008

Suzanne's at Blueberry Cottage Challenge

Okay gang. Although I am a few days late here is my update for the week to Suzanne at Blueberry Cottage and her challenge for us to do something each week to make our home more "homey" :-).
Well this week I decided instead of a physical change that you can see I would instead create a change you could feel. I have made it a point not to over react to situations. I have decided to keep a smile and a pleasing attitude.
My children are wonderful little girls and sometimes I expect too much out of them. After all they are just children. My husband is a great guy and sometimes in the daily "to do's" of life I forget to have that sweet spirit with him always. I think it is because we get used to these people in our life and we tend to take them for granted.
We tend to be on our best behavior with people outside of our home. Well my challenge to myself this week was to have that sweet spirit with my family as well.
I realized that maybe things get stressfull in my home because I get stressed. So I am taking hold of that stress and telling it that it isn't welcome in my home anymore. The sweet, sweet spirit will abound and I know my children and husband will appreciate it! :-)