Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tuesday Happenings


It is Tuesday morning and I am sitting here eating a simple bowl of cereal before the girls get up. I have a pot of chicken boiling on the stove because I have to make some dumplings to take to work this morning for a friends birthday. The cat is asleep right beside the computer as I am typing and the dog is asleep at my feet. The sun is bursting alive outside and I can tell already that it is going to be a terribly hot day here in Kentucky! Hubby has already left for work and the oldest is still asleep in her bunk. The youngest woke up a little bit ago and went to my bed to watch PBS and catch a few more winks.
Here in about 10 minutes I will have to close up the computer and head down to reload the laundry, make the beds and take my shower.
Today I will take the youngest to Nana and the oldest to the sitter and head off to work. It will be a fairly busy day at work so I will have to cancel all of the dentist appointments for today. When I get off work the girls and hubby will already be home and I will fix a quick bite of supper and then take the girls up to VBS and head off to the store. I have a few more things to pick up for our VBS next week and a few things I need for the house. I want to head up to GFS (gordon's food service) and see what they have available this week.
I don't know if I will be heading up to the church to decorate tonight. I won't have time since I will be needing to go to the stores.
Once we are back home I will check homework and make sure oldest is finishing up Where the red fern grows -- she is really not interested in this book at all which blows my mind. I have to practice prepositions with her as well. She struggles with English and I have to work with her on that.
Of course there will be laundry tonight, dishes to wash and straightening to do. After all of that then it will be off to bed for me.
"Dear Lord thank you for this beautiful day. Thank you for the bird I hear singing outside. Thank you that just like that bird I don't have to worry about where my food will come or how my shelter will come but it will be provided for me. Your are an awesome God. You are worthy of our praise. To you be all the glory in heaven and earth! Jesus name above all names! Glory to You! Thank you for my family. Be with my children and keep them safe O Lord! Help me Lord to be patient and kind and to raise them in Your Holy will. Help Lord to be a helpmeet for my husband. Help me Lord to serve and obey him as You have intended. Lord be with hubby. Prick his heart Lord. Give him a desire to be the spiritual head of the household that you have called him to be. Remove O Lord the thorns from his life. Help him Lord to seek you in all that he does. Help him Lord to turn from evil and run to that which is good. Oh Lord help me to be the wife and mother that you have called me to be. Help me to do all that I have to do each day and to do it to the best of my abilities and with a smile. Help me Lord to be a sweet spirit in this home. Help me to speak words of kindness and to create an atmosphere of peach and love for my children and husband. Lord Jesus thank you for my salvation and for saving me again each and every day from my sinful life. Lord thank you for the promise of heaven and the joy of an eternity spend in your presence. Lord you know my heart's desire to be home with my children and I pray that your will be done in this area and that if it is your will then a miracle happen to allow me to be with them. I pray this in your precious and holy name, in the name of Jesus, AMEN.

No comments: