Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Bloom where you are planted

Hello ladies.
I once wrote a book "Still blooming". I never sent it off to a publisher although maybe one day I will.
Today I wanted to talk to those of you who feel that through your own mistakes and failures and sins you are not anywhere near where God intended you to be.
You are not alone. I am right there with you. You cannot imagine my past. It is filled with all kinds of sins and mistakes and many failures. Some sins that would probably cause you to judge me harshly and maybe even not want to be my friend anymore.
But let me tell you something, when you confess those sins to God and ask for His blessed forgiveness, and turn away from that sickening self, all of those sins are gone. Yep all gone. They are scattered as far as the east is from the west. God put all of those nasty, dirty sins at the bottom of the deepest ocean and then He posted a sign there that says "No fishing allowed!". They are never to be remembered again. If He doesn't remember them then why are you?
Also I know that God had purposed for me a life in the mission field of Africa. I know this with all of my heart. But through my own many selfish sins this didn't happen for me. Now I know that this dream of the mission field in Africa is not possible now.
Does this mean that God has all but given up on me? Does this mean that I am not walking in His glorious will now? No. It means that yes, I am not where I was meant to be. BUT I am where I am meant to be now!
I started out in beautiful soil...fresh and new. There was a nudge, a calling, a whooing to the mission field. I didn't go. I instead left the shelter of my Christain beliefs and became something awful and dry. My leaves were drying up, my soil was rocky and cracking. I was at the point of not living much less producing any fruit. It was at this point when I was at my lowest that I cried out again to God. And He moved heaven and earth and reached right down where I was and picked me up out of that rottening soil. He oh so gently held my roots and replanted me in soil that was once again rich and full of nutrients. He watered and fed me oh so sweetly until once again I was standing tall in my soil.
Now not only am I standing in the rich soil of His love but I am blooming. I am blooming for all to see and to know that God is with me. To give Him the glory! To show others His love!
He has given me a husband who loves me, children to nurture and raise in His love, a home to keep, and friends and family to help.
So you see you may not be where you were first called but that doesn't mean that God gave up on you! Bloom where you are planted....even if it is in replanted soil!

1 comment:

tamlovesran said...

Thanks for sharing this with us. I've never thought of things in that way. You are so right.

Tammy