Saturday, November 15, 2008

A tribute to my girls...









This pix here is from my oldest's room. This was taken before we took her posters down. We decided her walls were getting too "cluttered". But you can see from the shelf that my daawlin' oldest child has her share of awards!

She is truly a gifted child. We are so very, very proud of her! Last year not only did she complete the most amount of work than any student in the school but she had a GPA of 98.9! She also received the trophy for Bible memorization for the year. She has competed in several pageants and competitions...sometimes she has taken away first, sometimes not...but she has always had fun fun fun.


Our oldest is a unique child...you see she isn't really my oldest child at all. She is really my middle child. But she is the oldest child here with me. She really has had a lot of growin' up to do in her short 10 years. She has been through a lot. She started out life as the youngest child. Then after the death of my dear Victoria she became an only child. Finally when our youngest child came along, she fell into the position of oldest child.


She is very sensitive and caring. We find that she is quite lazy and can be very mouthy....we are working on these things :-). She is smart...oh so smart but since she has this lazy streak in her she will zoom through her studies and sometimes make little mistakes. So there are goals we are trying to achieve...she is working very hard on these.

We love our oldest/middle child so very much!

This is my youngest child's room....she is our wild child! She keeps us hoppin' and makes things interesting around here!




We like to say that Victoria hand picked her up in heaven and sent her down for us just so we would stay real busy and maybe not miss her so desperately.




When she was born she had a strawberry mark on her back. We say this is where Victoria kissed her before Jesus sent her to us.


Our littlest child....oh such a dear one. Her Papaw Danny says she is "sweet as sugah and mean as a snake!" I must say this sort of does describe her well.

When she is playing you will most likely find her with her high heel shoes on (she absolutely adores shoes....I mean gals she is only 5 and the child has a love affair with shoes), a hat of some sort on, a purse on her shoulder, her sunglasses on and she will be struttin' around her room talking to this dolly and that dolly while she is preparin' breakfast at her little kitchen.

She loves to color and to "read". She likes to write her letters and numbers. She is doing very well in school and I think she will follow in her sissy's footsteps in academic excellence.


Our youngest has had her fair share of awards and trophies as well. She has a few tiaras and ribbons too. She will gladly show them to you if you ever do stop by for a visit.

She likes to cook and help out in the kitchen. She has an almost remarkable memory. I could go on and on about the qualities that shine in this adorable little bundle of joy. Oh and I cannot forget this little child of mine absolutely loves animals....no matter what kind of animal....she loves 'em. I wonder if she will be a vet when she grows up? hmmm


Last I would like to wish a very very happy birthday to my dearest first born, Victoria. Born in 1995 you would have been 13 today. "Oh my goodness....13 years old. How would we have celebrated? We would have certainly had us a big Big BIG party! ThirTEEN years old! I can't imagine! But to me you will always be my darling little five year old girl I held in my arms. I love you Victoria and I miss you oh so very very much. I know that no matter what kind of birthday party I would have given you here it does not compare with the birthday party that I am sure Jesus gave you in heaven today! One day my darling little girl I will be there too and together we will celebrate. Together we will dance for Jesus! Together we will fall down and worship at His glorious feet! Oh I can't wait baby girl! "


"We went to your grave today...we dressed up the vase for Christmas with beautiful red holly and evergreen. We put a big red bow on the front. We gave you a pooh bear balloon and tied it to the vase that said Happy Birthday. Someone had already been there with a birthday balloon and a teddy bear. You were so loved by so many. Your little sister....the littlest one....colored you a picture and left it there for you. Of course maybe you saw all of this from heaven? I don't know. But I know that there is the last place I saw you and so there is where I go to honor your memory."


"One day I will lay there beside you and our bodies will sleep but our souls will rejoice together in Heaven with our Father who loves us both even more than we love each other....wow....now that's a whole lot of lovin'!"

1 comment:

tamlovesran said...

What a beautiful and touching tribute to your girls. You have a beautiful family and I love reading about y'all. Your words to Victoria were lovely and very touching. I can only imagine her heavenly celebration! I hope you are doing good. How did things go at the hospital?