Sunday, November 23, 2008

Finances, Menus, Angel Food and More...


Now that I am feeling like my old self again...thank you Jesus!...I am getting back into the "groove" of things.
We had angel food delivery yesterday...yummy! I must give a shout out to angel food ministries. If you guys are not ordering your food from them yet....I must ask what in the world are you waiting for?
:-) Angel food is awesome...for $30 you get a box of food that feeds a family of four for 1 week. You can view their December menu on their website and find a host site near you. I plan all of my meals around my angel food and I supplement them from the grocery with sale items.
Since I have been going to doc after doc.....after doc, our finances are... well... depleted. So I am going to have to really buckle down these next couple of months to get back on our feet. Thank goodness that I already purchased all of our Christmas gifts so I don't have to worry about that.
:-) I am going to have to be creative over the next couple of months though. I cleaned out the pantry and freezer so that I would know exactly what food I have on hand. Other than to get a few items for Thanksgiving and Christmas dishes and milk/bread we will not be shopping at all. To stay out of the stores completely means to spend no money.
Today I fixed cinnamon rolls for breakfast and we had burgers and tater tots for lunch. The girls and I made a lemon cake with orange cream cheese frosting...yummy. Then they made peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies. I wanted to share with you my recipe for burgers....
2lb ground chuck
1 lb mild sausage
pepper and salt to taste
2 T minced onion
1T canadian steak seasoning plus 1T for topping
1/2 T garlic powder
Mix ground chuck and sausage with minced onion, steak seasoning, and garlic powder. Patty beef mixture into thin and large round burgers. Place in hot skillet and cook until one side browned and then flip. Sprinkle burgers with candadian steak seasoning while frying. Cook thoroughly. Add cheese, if desired.
Yummy!

1 comment:

tamlovesran said...

I'm glad to hear that you are doing better in all areas of your life. I've not had much time for visiting blogs lately, and it looks like I will have even less in the coming weeks. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving and a wonderful Christmas season. Thanks for sharing the burger recipe. I'm not a big meat eater, but this sounds very flavorful.