Thursday, November 27, 2008



Happy Thanksgiving!

My 23lb Tom Turkey is out of the oven and sliced and waiting patiently on the serving tray to be all "gobbled" up. I must say that my turkey is the bomb! Hubby calls it my famous turkey.





I have my dressing in the oven. It is full of sage, giblets, celery, onion and turkey broth. Yummy! I will let it get cooked thoroughly then I will take the foil off and let it get a little crunchy crust on top. Oh I can't wait to dig in!

Also on my stove boiling is fresh sweet potatoes. Soon I will go up and mash them with sugar and butter. Then I will top them with a butter, brown sugar and flour crumble topping and stick it in the oven. Yummy to the second power!

We will also be having mashed potatoes, green beans, yeast rolls, gravy, veggie casserole and more!

And guess what???? It is just the four of us so we will have the great leftovers for the next week. Dawlin' it don't get no better than that!







For dessert we are having pumpkin roll, pumpkin gooey cake, and some turkey shaped chocolate cup cakes. So good!







We decided to spend Thanksgiving here at home instead of going anywhere to extended family. I find at this stage in my life I long to just be home with my own family at the holidays. It is a good thing. Right now the house is full of the lovely scents of dinner and the children are playing in the floor. Hubby is kicked back in his easy chair and we are all watching Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (happy 150th bday Macy's!)



The girls are lovin to help me fix dinner. It is a wonderful thing to have my children in the kitchen with me. In doing so I am cultivating a love of cooking and taking care of their future families. I am sure their one day husbands will thank me for taking the time to include them.






Soon we will be sitting around the table together enjoying the feast I have prepared. I love to feed my family. I love to spend special days with them.I love to baby them and create these wonderful memories with them.

After dinner we will spend the day together. We will watch movies and keep baking up those wonderful memories that we will store always in our heart.

I am so thankful for my family and I love them so very, very much!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

You have a wonderful Thanksgiving too! I would love to see (and taste:-) your pumpkin roll!

Pam in Ohio said...

Hello,

About sewing...I learned on my own. We have a store called, "Stitching post" don't know if you have one near you. They give free classes when you buy a machine from them. I took a few classes on some basics and make a baby blanket, wipes, then moved on to harder things like clothing. Hubby eventually bought me a Serger and I took some classes on that as well. I learned everything else on my own but do my share of asking master seamstresses when I hit a rough spot, which can be often ;)

You have a beautiful blog. Your oldest that you have lost to a brain tumor was very precious. I am sorry. The Lord bless you and continue to comfort you.

Pam from http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/stillearning/