Monday, November 3, 2008

Come on in....part two...

Hello Again! Welcome back! I wanted to continue giving you a tour of my little homestead here in KY. I am bringing you up on the back porch...that's where all the friends come in. See my previous post. This is a star and sign that hangs on the back porch.




















Continuing on our tour in the kitchen where we left off. This is the windo right above the sink. It is one of those garden windows where you can grow herbs, etc. It has two windows on each side that open up which makes for a nice breeze when the weather allows. But as you can see mostly it just store somes of my junk :-). As you can tell from the previous post and this last pix of the kitchen.... I am lovin me some Americana! The walls are blue and there is the cutest uncle sam border up at the top. The cabinets are old and maybe one day I will get my kitchen remodeled but for now it is fine and I am happy in my little, warm, cozy kitchen.







This clock is hanging in the living room right off of the kitchen. As you can see it says "Victoria" which is the name of our oldest girl who lives with Jesus now so it is one of my fav pieces. If you look real close you can catch a glimpse of a portrait of my two daughters on the wall. This would be youngest and oldest that you hear me talk about in my posts. Aren't they just adorable?! I just love 'em to pieces.



Also in the living room you will find our Betsy Ross upright piano. I try to teach myself to play; I have a few do it yourself books. My daughter took lessons and still plays some. When our youngest gets a little older I am hoping she also will take lessons. I love to hear people play the piano. Above the piano on the wall you will see two of my five framed Jesus prints. These are some of my favorite things. I enjoy these because it shows a human side of Jesus that you usually don't see in prints. I will work on getting a close up of these prints for you guys on a later post.











This next pix that you see is an anniversary gift from hubby for our fifth anniversary. It is a quite large, although you can't tell from this post, print of the lion laying down with the lamb. It is hanging in the dining room which adjoins the living room in the front of the house.





Above is the centerpiece for fall on the dining room table. As you can see I repeated the same gourds and faux fall leaves from the kitchen but in very tall glass vases, these stand about two and a half feet tall. The dining room table seats six. We don't usually eat in here unless we have company over or unless it is a holiday or on certain weekend dinners. The chair pads are white and are very hard to clean. One day I will get them reupholstered but for now it is what it is. The dining room table is beautiful but is not functional for everyday use. We use our good ole kitchen table for every day eating.

Now this little picture here is quite special. This is a curio cabinet that is in the dining room it is on the other side of the table opposite the china cabinet. This cabinet holds some of my darling Victoria's most prized possessions. Here you will find her Prayer Pal, her Mickey doll, her autograph book, so much more. It is a wonderful place to keep all of the special memories that we hold of our lives together. There is much more than this of course but this little cabinet houses a lot of what we want people to be able to see when they come into the house.























I can't let you leave the tour today without sharing with you my floors. These are my beautiful hardwood floors that you will find throughout my entire upstairs. I am very proud of them and that is why I had to take a picture and show them to you!












This is our largest bathroom upstairs. As you can see it has some remnants of the late 60's when the house was built. Thank goodness for bathfitters...our bath and shower have joined this century.





And isn't this just the cutest little bathroom tool set you ever did see? The soap and lotion dispenser actually work like they are supposed to as well! It is a Big Lots find....gotta love that!




Now look at these two gorgeous gals here. Yep you guessed it....these would be mine! At the end of my hallway you would find this portrait. This is an airbrushed portrait done about five years ago. Wouldn't trade it for the world. :-) I am so blessed.





And this is my lovely bedroom it is at the end of the hallway. The little sign above the bed says "Always kiss me goodnight".
This is our nightstand beside the bed. The lamp is so darn cute and I have little antique teddy bears around the room. The picture on the stand is my darling Victoria. I have little glimpses of her throughout the home. Little memories of her surround me.
Well thanks for stopping by again today. I will finish up the tour tomorrow with the kids rooms and a tiny glimpse of the family room. I will try to give more pix when I get the home decorated for Christmas.

1 comment:

tamlovesran said...

I love these tours! I especially love the way you have chosen to preserve and showcase Victoria's special things. That's just beautiful.