Friday, November 14, 2008

Keepin' It Goin'



Well gals....I am just a few days from my hospital stay...ughh. The docs are taking me off my meds to prepare so I am trying to take it easy but I want to make sure everything is in order before I go. So I look a bit like the lady in my picture here for a few minutes, then I crash in my bed for an hour....then look like the lady in the pix again...then crash in the bed again.


Isn't it funny...when I tell hubby and the girls that it is time to get the house cleaned again (once a week we do a thorough clean up together) they all look at me and say..."we just did it last week!" Even hubby doesn't understand that it has to be done over and over and over again. :-)


Each day the beds have to be made only so we can crawl into them that evening and back out the next morning to make them again :-). Of course the laundry is a given and it is an obvious thing to the family that has to be done as well as the dishes, but as far as the sweepin and moppin and dustin and toilet scrubbin....well "didn't we just do those last week?" :-)


I absolutely cannot stand a dirty house. I cannot relax knowing there is stuff that needs to be done. It will drive me absolutely bonkers. I know if when I am in the hospital next week everything at home isn't spic and span it will drive me crazy knowing I will have to come home and do it.


There is nothing better than coming home to an absolutely clean house....have you ever heard of "moppin yourself out the door"? In order to enjoy a vacation I literally have to do that. Now I don't try to kid myself...I have children...two of them little critters runnin' around in fact. And a dog...and a cat....oh and a hubby. Now this means that my house can stay...well "messy". I am constantly picking up this or needing to pick up that. I am constantly hollerin' for the girls to straighten up this mess or that mess....and usually....they don't :-)
If you gals are like me then I consider you a kindered spirit. I figure one day when my children are grown I will have my house clean and it will stay that way. But then I will wish for those messes again, won't I?
I am so blessed to have my darlin' girls and loving hubby here with me. Even if the house doesn't stay straighted up and neat and tidy. I would rather hear them playing in the other room then not hear anything in a perfect little home.
Sometimes though I just wish something would stay where I put it! Except for the broom...it always seems to stay where I put it, and the clean laundry that is waiting to be folded....it doesn't seem to move either :-)

1 comment:

tamlovesran said...

Praying that you get a wonderful report from the hospital!

I can relate to all that you said about a clean house. My situation is multiplied though because we are all home most of the time. The cleaning really never ends.