Friday, November 7, 2008

Ahhh Camping



Oh to be camping again.....as I sit here tonight posting this blog to you I have my heater pointed right at me. I have my blanket pulled up round about me. I am trying to keep sipping liquids in hopes to flush out this icky Kentucky Ohio Valley cold I have. It wasn't that long ago that I was sitting around the campfire roasting marshmallows with my family next to our camper.


I absolutely adore camping. I mean I love it "meeces to pieces"! I love the smell of the wood burning in the campfire. I love just sittind and watching the flames dance back and forth. I love watching my hubby as he chops the kindling and adds a few more logs to the flames. It also makes my girlie heart skip a few beats when his muscles flex as he moves that axe!


I love waking up in the morning and fixin my family biscuits and "camping gravy". (This is the sausage gravy that comes in a pouch that you heat up in the boiling water...the kids call it camping gravy) Lord knows mama ain't gonna make her own gravy none to often while camping...I have been known to a few times though.


Then it is off to ride bikes or hike or just chill out with a book. Oh to camp is to be free! Free from work, free from home (and home WORK), free from the phone and the computer, just free to enjoy your family. This is a time when you and your family talk and play games together.


This here is our tent...as you can see I am just a little spoiled...

If there is one thing that I insist on....that is my bathroom. Ughhh if there is one thing I cannot stand it is Otter Creek Park's bathrooms (this is a place where we camp sometimes). It is a nice place to camp that is close to home but gals their bathrooms...well lets just say...well lets just not say.
My little camper has a full bed, two twin beds and a table that folds down to a bed. We have a full bathroom and a full kitchen. Of course there is heat and air. The pix makes it look a little smaller than it is but it is not real big at all. Big enough for us though. I would tell ya how many feet but I would get it all messed up....that's hubby's thing. I just know it has a bathroom...and a bed...and a stove...a sink and a microwave. Hee hee.
Oh and air conditioning. Which is really cool when it gets hot...get it "cool". ha ha
Well I am going to close this here post for now and watch some tv and try to stop coughing long enough to get a little bit of sleep.
:-)
God bless and God bless America

1 comment:

the voice of melody said...

Hi, it's my first time here and I thought I'd say hi. :)

I came over from Warm Pie Happy Home after reading your beautiful story about your daughter covering "baby Jesus" with a blanket. So precious!

I enjoyed this post about camping. You have a great little set-up there and I hope you enjoy your camper for many years.

Many sweet blessings!