Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Update and prayer request


Hello! Well I must update you on the goings on of the Mattingly household. First of all I have been very sick. I have been in and out of the doctor's and even and ambulance ride to the ER. The neurologist finally determined that A. I am having seizures or B. I am suffering from severe migraines. Either way they are treated with the same medication. So now I am taking seizure meds each day along with headache meds. I start each of these today. Pray there are no side effects.
I want to give God the glory in this. It was not a stroke and it was not a brain tumor. God is good! I am thankful for this healing in my life. Also I am certain He is using this to reach my husband further for Christ. I believe that through this he will develop a stronger relationship with Him. To God be the glory great things he has done!
The family will be heading on a birthday camping/ amusement park trip this weekend as we celebrate oldest daughter's 10th birthday (oh my ten years old! time does fly!). We are looking forward to the time together.
The girls will be starting school this upcoming week. Many of my faithful blog readers already know that I work outside of the home so my children go to a church which offers on site homeschool curriculum through the ACE program. It is a Christian school and we are so thankful that the Lord has given us this school. Oldest will be starting Monday and youngest will start on Tuesday. I was blessed to find uniform skirts this year through children's wear outlet. I got their skirts for $7 each! Wow! And they seem to be good quality as well! We have already gotten all of their school supplies so we are ready for the big day!
Hubby is off again this week, lack of work. He and my sister's husband are working on finishing the rec room downstairs. They are painting and putting down a floor. Sister and I are opening our own photography studio! Sister 2 Sister Photography! How exciting ! I can't wait for our first photo shoot. We went and got all of our necessary equipment this past Saturday. I pray that God will bless our business and that we will prosper and He will show us favor in all that we do.
I will be heading back to work tomorrow (I tried to work yesterday but suffered another "episode" and had to be taken via ambulance to the hospital). As long as I don't have a severe headache when I awake my plan is to work as long as I can tomorrow, hopefully a full day. We cannot afford a short paycheck especially with the doctor bills that will now soon be rolling in....ughhh. But God is faithful and He will provide.
I have known many who have suffered from eplipsy so it doesn't scare me (my daughter had seizures). The doctor told me to let everyone around me know not to freak out and call and ambulance or rush me to the hospital when I have another "episode" but to just make me comfortable and allow me to deal with it. (Unless it lasts longer than usual and then of course medical attention should be sought)
I am just thankful to God that Iam here at home and able to take care of my children, my home and my husband. I pray for the strength to get beyond this and the weakness that has followed.
Oh and the pix for this blog...well it reminds me of my girls. The oldest is my Victoria who now lives in heaven with Jesus and the middle child is now my oldest daughter who is the dark haired child of the family and the youngest is my little blonde. Yep this picture reminds me of my baby girls....all three of them!

2 comments:

Sherri Kaye said...

So glad you are better!

tamlovesran said...

Lifting you up in prayer!